Monday 17 January 2011

Easy?

Happiness used to come easily. Dreams, wishes, plans and hard work were enough to guarantee it. And what was it? A feeling of being full, complete, in the right place. A feeling of being your right self. A feeling of flying.

Lack of happiness weighs terribly on us. The constant effort not to dream, not to plan, not to believe, not to trust, makes days and distances become painfully longer. Acceptance, apparently the ultimate goal, grabs us from the shoulders and keeps us firmly on the ground. No more flying.

Lack of happiness is not a passive state. It´s active and it´s exhausting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far, I am never sad for too long. I usually get sick and tired of that bad feeling. There are so many things that I want to do and that I can do that will certainly make me feel better. In a minute, I start feeling that I'm losing something.... I hope I will never lose this lack of patience…

Rita said...

Dreams make us human. Make us different. Please never stop dreaming.